I had been talking about my frustrations, mainly in regards to relationships both professional and personal. I was in a bit of a funk. Also, I felt insecure and worried about what I was doing creatively and how my project would be perceived to others. On this particular day we were going back and forth between these two subjects and he began to tell me a story about when he decided to start living his life with good intention. I didn't really know what that meant at the time, probably because I was so blocked with emotion and negative energy from deep within. But after our chat I know that some of his story really lingered in my head and I began to think further about what that meant.
Through daily thoughts and my active pursuit to attain happiness in my career and my artistic self, which ultimately has led me to a happier daily life, I have narrowed it down to this: PERFICT
- Project beautiful and positive thoughts about where you want to be in your life and where you are going. Visualize yourself in the place that you want to be.
- Expect nothing, yet have Requirements about what you absolutely need.
- Feel everything. Don't block out emotion. Recognize it, learn from it and use it to grow.
- Intention is the secret to happiness. If you know what you are doing and why you are doing with a true honest intention then you will feel inner peace.
- Create whatever you want. Don't get distracted by what you “think” you should be doing.
- Truthfulness in yourself will lead you to truthfulness in others.